Nearly all homeowners in Delaware know the benefits of operating a sump pump in their basement. The decision has been made and a sump pump is being installed, but these other considerations must be accounted for in the installation as well.
- Always use a corrosion-free housing such as bronze, stainless steel and epoxy-coated cast iron for sump pump installation in your Delaware home.
- Make sure the capacity of the sump pump can meet the demands of your household. The capacity of sump pumps is measured in gallons per minute or gallons per hour. Discuss your personal requirements with the sump pump installation company.
- The ‘head pressure’ or the height to which water must be carried vertically before disposal, is important when selecting a sump pump. The sump pump you choose must have a rating sufficient enough to remove the water from your Delaware basement.
- If your basement will need electrical work performed to accommodate the sump pump, leave this to the professionals.
- Make sure you know the local requirements of your municipality for water discharge before installing a sump pump.
For more information on installing a sump pump, or to make an appointment for sump pump maintenance or purchase, contact the sump pump experts at Basement Waterproofing Nationwide today.