Wet basements pose a variety of hazards, ranging from deterioration of a home’s foundation to widespread mold damage. But did you know that wet basements can also post a variety of health risks?

Wet basements are plagued by mold, mildew, and other harmful spores – some of which can’t even be seen by the naked eye. Mold, mildew, and other wet basement byproducts can contribute to a number of serious health problems, including respiratory infections, asthma, and allergic reactions. Allergic, asthmatic, and respiratory symptoms can include difficulty breathing, headache, fatigue, watery eyes, and congestion. Those with weakened immune systems, small children, and the elderly, as well as those with existing respiratory conditions, are typically more sensitive to mold and mildew conditions.

If you suspect that your basement may be plagued by mold or mildew – typically marked by a musty odor or visible mold – don’t take any chances or put your family’s health in jeopardy. Contact Basement Waterproofing Nationwide. An award-winning licensed and insured company, Basement Waterproofing Nationwide has been solving wet basement problems for homeowners and business owners throughout Maryland, Washington DC, Delaware, New Jersey, Northern Virginia, and Pennsylvania since 1987.