A backup sump pump is a system used to protect your Maryland basement from flooding when the main sump pump is not operating. There are many reasons why you need a backup sump pump in your Maryland home:
- Your power can go out at any time
- Your main sump pump can become clogged or can seize up
- Your main pump’s float switch can become stuck
- The check valve on the main pump may fail
- The discharge pipe could freeze or get clogged up
- There just may be too much water for the main sump pump to handle it all.
When any of these events occur, your basement will flood.
You can protect your Maryland home and keep your basement dry by using a backup sump pump. There are several types of backup sump pump systems, including battery powered. When purchasing a backup sump pump, you need to consider a completely redundant system, which includes a second sump pump, second float switch, and a secondary power source. The experts at Basement Waterproofing Nationwide (BWN) can install and maintain the right backup sump pump for your Maryland home. Contact BWN today for a free sump pump inspection or call 1-800-888-0487.